Online Leasing FAQ
I'm interested in living at Colton Creek. How do I apply?
Fantastic, we are so excited you have chosen Colton Creek for your new home! We have created an application process that is fast, easy, and efficient.
- After you have found an apartment that is available in your timeframe and chosen your ideal rent and lease term options, click "Apply Now."
- You'll be invited to create an account in our MyHome Online Portal; then you'll need to verify your new account via the link that will be sent to your email.
- Now you are ready to apply! Log into your account, follow the instructions to complete your online application and hit submit once you are done! It's that easy.
What information will I need to provide on my online application?
You'll be asked to provide a variety of information including desired move-in dates and lease term; personal identification details such as government issued ID and social security number (as available); rental history; employment/salary details; vehicle information; information about other occupants if applicable, and pets.
Is my photo ID required?
Yes, a valid, government issued photo ID is required during a few steps of the leasing and move-in process.
All applicants need to provide a valid, government-issued photo ID before we can finalize your application. Additionally, if you are coming to tour Colton Creek in person, please note your photo ID also is required to tour.
Is there an application fee?
Yes, there is a $50 per person application fee. When you complete your online application, you will be required to enter payment info for this fee. Please note all application fees are non-refundable and will be charged immediately after hitting submit.
What happens once I submit my online application?
- Your non-refundable application fee will process immediately upon hitting submit. Please review your application for accuracy prior to submitting.
- Next, the leasing team will contact you to confirm some details from your application and request:
- A copy of the driver's license or government issued photo ID for all applicants.
- Income verification documents reflecting applicants' income is equal or greater than 2.75x the rent. Examples include copies of your two most recent paycheck stubs; proof of self-employment income such as prior year's tax returns; investment accounts, etc. Our leasing team will provide more details when they contact you.
- Our leasing team will also confirm the employment details provided with your employer.
Once contacted by the leasing team, all requested documentation must be submitted within 72 hours or your application will be canceled.
- After all the required verifications are complete, additional screening will run for all applicants except guarantors to verify credit, criminal, civil court, and rental history records comply with our community requirements.
Are there any other fees that are charged during this process?
Once your application is approved, you will be charged a $200 holding fee to reserve the apartment you have selected. The holding fee will be applied toward your security deposit and/or move-in monies owed at the time of move in and is only refundable if your application is not approved.
Thank you again for choosing Colton Creek Apartments. We look forward to welcoming you home! If you have any additional questions about leasing with us, please contact our office.